Signing up for a Presentation Skills program, there is always a question mark: What will I get out of it?
– Feeling more confident about presenting?
– Improving skills through technical tips and takeaways?
Both of these are worthwhile, of course, but what I want to really know is, will this training program give me THE HOW TO, which is going to enable me to become a great presenter?
Martin is introducing an interesting synthesis of presentation approaches for professionals this month in a one-day program on July 31 – at the Performance Frontiers Studio in Brisbane.
Martin has years of diverse experience and knowledge to offer professionals wanting to improve their skills in communication and presentation, including an intensive period as a researcher and specialist coach in performance based training systems. Not only is he versed in designing and facilitating in a wide range of learning programs for corporate and government environments – drawing on disciplines from business theory to neuroscience – Martin also has an impressive arts background with a Doctorate in Performance Studies.
He has been a coach for both CEOs and award winning actors.
Martin maintains that the human factor in developing presentation skills must be attended to because many people can be hindered by their own self-consciousness in anticipation of presenting in front of a live audience. He says that developing actors can experience the same condition, which can greatly affect a performance.
What actors require – as do presenters in a professional setting – are tools to help them be authentic – be present and in the moment with their audience and their message.
Modern systems of actor training therefore are very useful, says Martin, because they have become quite sophisticated to meet this demand to help actors overcome the personal blocks that stand in the way of being able to give an authentic performance.
At the end of the day, says Martin, tips and tricks only go so far. What Performance Frontiers offer clients is a meaningful and deeper opportunity to experience and learn with proven and embodied forms of training – ‘the how to’ be more authentic, ‘the how to’ achieve higher levels of self awareness and confidence.
As part of the one-day program, Martin also will be incorporating the use of filming to provide participants with real time high quality feedback. Martin will facilitate participants to stay focused on ways to enhance their communication in a variety of delivery situations, including:
– Formal and informal presentations.
– Conducting team meetings.
– Engaging stakeholders.
– Building professional relationships,
– Persuading and pitching to clients and colleagues.
Participants will also learn how to:
1. Craft a message with clarity and purpose.
2. Explore the dynamics of connection, persuasion and engagement.
3. Confidently express with gesture, body and voice.
4. Respond effectively to the needs of an audience.
Content will include:
1. Structuring your presentation based on powerful storytelling principles
2. Grabbing the audience’s attention and setting their expectations in the first 90 seconds
3. Situational sensing and exploring ways to ‘change it up’, be spontaneous, trust a new direction, and seek feedback midstream
4. Catching and changing personal habits that may disengage an audience
5. Practicing preparation techniques and dealing with nerves or anxiety
6. The “do’s and don’ts” of visual presentation
7. Tips and techniques to engage, persuade, respond spontaneously and communicate with confidence
The Performance Frontiers Presentation Skills Program will be held on July 31st, 2014 from 8:30am – 4:30pm.
This course is an open program and can be delivered within organisations as well.
Cost of the One Day program is: $725.00 + GST. This will include a comprehensive workbook for each participant. Participants are advised to wear loose and comfortable clothing (eg. flat shoes) as there may be some movement exercises. Lunch and refreshments are included.
Bookings for this first public program can be made through Kate Jolly at the Performance Frontiers Studio – Email: email@example.com or Tel: +61 7 3870 8433
Shop 1/4 Lambert Rd
Brisbane, QLD 4101